Tomato-Basil Creamy Chicken & Pasta
2 Tbspolive oil
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 smallshallot, minced
1/2-2/3 ccold chicken stock
1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cfat free half & half
·salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cpart skim, low moisture, shredded mozzarella cheese
6 ozwhole wheat (short) pasta, such as penne or rotini
1/4 cfresh basil, coarsly chopped
How to Make Tomato-Basil Creamy Chicken & Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a deep skillet. Add chicken. Saute until cooked through. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Mix together the chicken broth and flour until very, very smooth.
- Add shallots and garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant and starting to brown. Add in chicken broth mixture and fat free half & half. Stir until nicely thickened.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken, pasta and fresh, diced tomatoes. Stir together until well combined and heated through.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with a lid. Let cheese melt.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with fresh basil and/or parsley.