Thai Style Roast Chicken
Ramona's Cuisine -
Serving suggestions : It will go very well along any vegetable stir fry or along delicious roast veggies and cauliflower couscous.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 whole chicken (1.8kg) organic
·2 tbsp curry paste (thai -red)
·200 g coconut milk (organic)
·1 tsp ginger (grated)
·pepper freshly ground
How to Make Thai Style Roast Chicken
- In a big bowl where you could fit the chicken start by mixing the Thai curry paste with the coconut milk, freshly grated ginger, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in and rub the mix all over it. Set aside for a few minutes to half an hour or even half a day (in the fridge) if time permits.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (fan assisted) or 200 C Gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin best if you have one of those clay pots that has its lid too. Pour all the remainder of the curry paste mix over the chicken. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over it.
- Slide it into the oven and roast for about 70 min (depending on chicken size) see notes below regarding chicken cooking times.
- Remove it from the oven and take the cover off. With the help of a spoon, spoon some juices over it and return into oven.
- Increase the heat to 200 / 220 C / 7 and bake for another 30-40 min until its skin become nice crisp and golden. Pierce with a fork or a metallic skewer and if the juice that comes out of the chicken is clear it is ready to take out.
- Rest it (even if you can’t really wait to tuck in ?? ) for 15-20 min before beginning to carve.
- Remove the coconut milk and the curry paste juices, place it in a small dish which you can place back in the oven to remain nice and hot while the chicken rests. This will be absolutely divined to pour over whatever you choose to eat as a side to this.