Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 large chicken breast organic
·70 g cheese (organic and grated)
·150 g spinach (fresh, organic)
·50 g mushrooms organic
·50 ml wine (white)
·1 tsp himalayan salt
·1-2 pinch pepper
·1 tbsp coconut oil or butter (to grease dish)
How to Make Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (350 F) and prepare an oven dish greased with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Slightly salt the chicken breasts and crest them with incisions all across at about 1 cm distance from one another and set aside for few minutes.
- In a pan put a little butter and cook the thinly sliced mushrooms for 5-7 min with a splash of wine. When mushrooms have cooked, add the spinach and wilt this enough to easily handle it.
- In a separate pan, placed on high heat put tiny little amount of coconut oil and then the chicken breast and slightly cook for 1 min on each side.
- Place the slightly cooked chicken in the oven dish and stuff it with the spinach and mushrooms mixture by putting this into each incision. Repeat with the second chicken breast. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and top it with plenty of grated cheese so that the breasts will coat well when melted.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 25-35’ depending on the chicken breast size/thickness.
- Take out of the oven mid way and if you prefer more cheese, sprinkle some more grated cheese on top. Mozzarella is my favorite but you could easily mix the cheese types that you use.