☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspall purpose flour
3 Tbspolive oil
1 conions, chopped
1 ccarrots, peeled, chopped
2 clovegarlic, finely chopped
4 Tbspbrandy, optional
1/2 cdry white wine (or water)
1/3 cchicken broth
1/2 lbmedium shrimp, shelled
3 Tbspparsley, finely chopped
How to Make Spanish Chicken and Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 350F.
Cut each chicken breast in half. Sprinkle all chicken with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Quickly brown the chicken on both sides and remove each piece as it browns and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onions are limp.
Add brandy and ignite. Stand back until the flames subside.
Tilt pan and stir slowly until flames die.
- Transfer mixture to an ovenproof casserole.
- Add wine, chicken stock and reserved chicken pieces to the casserole. Cover and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
The recipe may be made ahead to this point.
- When ready to serve, reheat the mixture and then add the shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook just until shrimp are pink, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Serve with some of the sauce spooned over the chicken and shrimp.