Skillet chicken and olive pesto sauce bake
Ramona's Cuisine -
It’s a nice ingredient to use particularly paired with turmeric as it helps with absorption of the goodness but regular black pepper will be as good and beneficial.
I didn’t think of taking a picture of it before making it powder but will do next time and upload it. It’s a weird looking pepper I must admit but I love its flavor. Look it up, it’s worth it.
Also, try with the or Szechuan or Sichuan pepper for a nice flavor.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 chicken legs full – skin on
·400 g potatoes whole small, thoroughly washed
·1 red pepper
·3-4 tbsp olive pesto sauce i used sacla no 18
·1 tsp turmeric
·1 pinch long peppers powder *
·1 pinch red chilli flakes
·4 cloves garlic
·6 tbsp parsley fresh and finely chopped
·2 tbsp thyme fresh
·2 tsp tomato paste
·200 ml white wine
·100 ml stock chicken or vegetable
·1 tsp salt i used black himalayan salt *
How to Make Skillet chicken and olive pesto sauce bake
- Preheat the oven at 190°C or 375°F.
- Start by seasoning the chicken well on both sides and fry in a large skillet on both sides together with the potatoes. I keep skin on for both chicken and potatoes.
- Cook the chicken for about 3-4 min on each side and toss the potatoes. Add the diced pepper and cook for an extra minute or two.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 pinch of long pepper powder, 1 pinch of red chilli flakes, the crushed and chopped garlic, 2/3 of the parsley, finely chopped, fresh thyme, the tomato paste , the 200 ml white wine
- 100 ml stock (chicken or vegetable), the pesto sauce and the salt. Mix well until the tomato paste has dissolved.
- Add the liquid mixture to the chicken, stir a little and place this in a the preheated oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the juices have reduced and the chicken has browned beautifully.
- Serve with some nice crusty sourdough or rice.