Salsa Chicken Sandwiches
The original recipe came from this site, but as that recipe differs just slightly, and doesn't make nearly enough for my family (lol) I'm posting my own version. :)
How to Make Salsa Chicken Sandwiches
- 1Place 8oz of salsa in the bottom of a large crock pot. Add chicken breasts.
*Note: Thawed chicken is best for this recipe. You can put frozen chicken directly into your crockpot (I did this last time, as I forgot to thaw them overnight), however you will want to drain out the excess liquid before adding your sour cream.*
- 2Top chicken with both packages of seasoning. Cover with remaining salsa.
- 3Cook, covered, on LOW for 8 - 9 hours.
- 4Remove chicken & shred (will be VERY easy, practically falls apart on it's own). Add chicken back into salsa in the crock pot. Add sour cream, mix well.
- 5Spoon onto sandwich rolls, top with cheese. Enjoy. :)