Pheasant (or chicken) with Apple Cider
1pheasant quartered (substitute with chicken)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (condensed)
1/2 capple cider
1 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/3 cchopped onions
1garlic clove minced
1 cdried cranberries
4 ozmushrooms, fresh
pinchpaprika (hungarian if available)
How to Make Pheasant (or chicken) with Apple Cider
- Marinate Pheasant (or chicken) in milk for 2-4 hours
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place Pheasant in un-greased baking dish (deep sided lasagna dish/pan works best)
- Mix soup, cider, salt and other in bowl. Pour over Pheasant and sprinkle VERY generously with paprika. Note: if doubling recipe, use only 3/4 apple cider. also, do not mix water with the condensed soup...just use the soup base in the can
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 1 to 1.25 hours, occasionally basting. Err to remove sooner than later to preven meat from becoming dry (3/4 to 1 hour).
- Remove from oven. Place on plate and sprinkle with paprika and extra cranberries.
- I like to serve with asparagus and chery tomato's and roasted/quarted rosemary potatos and a good bottle of wine following a small but nice spinach/rasberry/brie/macadamia nut/rasberry vinaigrette salad.