Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce
- 2 c
- minute brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 c
- ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4 small
- boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- philadelphia chive and onion light cream cheese spread
- 3/4 lb
- (1 bunch) asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce
- 1Cook rice as directed on package, using 1-1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess water. Dip chicken in cracker mixture, turning to coat.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Place chicken on serving plate. Set aside; keep warm.
- 3Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and cream cheese spread to same skillet. Cook in medium heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve rice and asparagus with chicken.