The cheese topping keeps the chicken moist and tender.
Be sure to use unsalted butter and only cheese up one side of the chicken or it can get too salty.
We have done this dish with Romano and it's really good that way too !
As for the rice ... I love using things other than plain boring water to cook it. This chicken dish lends itself very well to my flavored rice.
We hope you enjoy our simple little chicken dish.
1/2 clong grain rice (or short grain if you prefer)
1 cchicken broth ***see note
2chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
1/4 cparmesan cheese
2 tspitalian seasoning
2 tspgarlic powder
2 Tbspunsalted butter - melted
How to Make Parma-Cheesy Chicken
- *** NOTE ***
For the chicken broth you can use home made stock or broth.
When I am out of home made chicken broth I prefer to use Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken - 1 tsp per cup of filtered water.
Or if you prefer to use cubed bouillon that will work too but it will be saltier.
- Prepare your chicken broth and add it to the uncooked rice in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to barely simmering.
Cover and cook for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
Lightly spray a baking dish ( 8 x 8 ) with cooking spray.
- Pound your chicken breasts until they are uniform in thickness so you have even cooking.
- On a plate mix together your Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir with a fork to mix well.
- Melt the butter and pour half of it over the top of each piece of chicken.
- Lay the buttered side of the chicken into the Parmesan mixture.
Brush the other side of the chicken with the remaining butter.
- Place the chicken with the butter only side down in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160.
- Remove from oven and allow it to sit for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Place a good amount of your cooked rice on a plate.
Top with chopped chives then lay a piece of the Parmesan chicken on top.