Oven-Baked Cajun Chicken
You can add a splash of Tabasco (or other hot sauce) to the buttermilk, if you want more "heat".
1/3 cuplow-fat buttermilk
1 Tbspcajun seasoning
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2-3 dash(es)tabasco hot sauce (optional)
1 cupcoarse breadcrumbs
8skinless chicken thighs (or 4 skinless chicken breasts)
How to Make Oven-Baked Cajun Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add buttermilk, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt in a shallow dish and mix well. Optional: If you prefer a spicier coating, stir in 2 to 3 dashes Tabasco hot sauce to the buttermilk mixture.
- Add breadcrumbs to a separate shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken piece in the buttermilk, then dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs, and place coated chicken pieces on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated. Lightly spray the top of each chicken piece with cooking spray
- Place baking pan in oven and bake chicken for 40 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly done, turning once after about 20 minutes of baking time.