Love Potion Chicken Brine
1/2 ckosher salt (or whatever you use)
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 Tbspchili powder
1 tspcayenne pepper
2 ccold water
·any uncooked chicken you like, i have used every kind of chicken in this brine!
How to Make Love Potion Chicken Brine
- FIRST THING: Make sure you are mixing your brine in a container large enough to hold your chicken or whatever meat you are adding to the brine. For my family I use a 2 gallon or larger Ziploc bag this holds 2 regular roasting hens. And the bag fits great in the bottom shelf pocket of my fridge door. If doing birds for large cook out I use 2 huge stock pots that hold 4 birds each :) Use your judgement on what you need to hold everything.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl (I use a plastic tub)
- add cold water and mix until salt and brown sugar has desolved
- add buttermilk and stir well
- Add chicken to what you have decided to use to brine in and pour brine mix over it all. Sink chicken down to make sure it gets into the inside of the bird. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- After you have let your birds soak remove from refrigerator and bring it all up to room temp. This can take from 1 to 4 hours.
- Cook your chicken however you want. Fried, Baked, Broiled or Grilled. Just handle it like you would straight out of the pack. This makes the most moist chicken i have ever eaten!
- I flatten or butterfly my whole chickens after they have soaked in the brine. Better known as a Spatchcock. I use to work as a meat cutter in a butcher shop and learned many useful meat prep tricks ;) I love baked chicken that has been flattened. Here is a link i looked up that has a wonderful and very simple way to flatten "Butterfly" your chicken for grilling or baking. tastykitchen.com/...ken-for-grilling