this recipe, Lebanese chicken, has been shared with several special friends, and every one of them rave on it, after all these years....Bless you all
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (fresh juice)
- 8 large garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 tbs thyme, minced or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 chickens (3 lb each) split lengthwise, backbones
- lemon wedges to garnish
How to Make LEBANESE CHICKEN
- 1Whisk lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Pour marinade over; turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 F.
- 4Transfer chicken and marinade to large roasting pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 min. Transfer chicken to plates. Garnish with lemon wedges. Pass pan juices separately.