Healthier Southern Fried Chicken
4chicken thighs, bone in or your favorite pieces. (i brined my chicken in salted water for about two hours prior to cooking)
1/2 cself-rising flour
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
1 tsppaul prudohmmes poultry magic seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Healthier Southern Fried Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray, set aside. Spray a skillet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Remove skin and cut off all visible fat from chicken thighs, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and egg white until foamy and mixed well. In a large plate, mix together flour, seasoning, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then roll in flour/bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in prepared skillet. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and place on prepared broiler pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- NOTE: Using a broiler pan instead of a baking dish will allow all grease to drip off. Each thigh has approximately 270 calories. Just add a salad or veggie and you have a perfect low-calorie meal!