Dewillia's Chicken Tortilla Spinach Casserole
Then all you have to do is pick up one side at a time. I carried half of it to my dear friend and her husband. They dearly loved it. It was good. So you can either share it or put it in the freezer for another time.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)chopped green chili peppers; 7oz
1 csour cream; 8oz
2 1/2 cboneless chicken
1 mediumbell pepper, chopped
1 largetomato, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
2 boxchopped spinach, unthaw & squeeze out water
8(6 or 7 in) corn tortillas, cut in bite size pieces
How to Make Dewillia's Chicken Tortilla Spinach Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped chilies, milk, green pepper, tomato, corn tortillas, salt, pepper, 1 cup of cheese, and chopped chicken. The chicken you buy already baked at the grocery store works well. Stir together.
- Pour half in a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Then layer the spinach over the top of the mixture. Add remaining mixture on top of the spinach. I always add more cheese than the recipe calls for.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Take out and top with remaining cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and the casserole is bubbly.
- Makes approx. 8 servings.