Cuban Fried Chicken
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8chicken thighs, with skin, boneless
·salt, to taste
·freshly ground black pepper, to taste
·oil, for frying
1 largeonion, sliced
3garlic cloves, minced
·juice of 1 lemon
How to Make Cuban Fried Chicken
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and fry, turning once, until chicken is browned and completely cooked, about 5 minutes a side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove all but 3 tablespoons oil from skillet, reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion just begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Pour onion, garlic and oil from skillet over chicken.
- Pour lemon juice over chicken and serve.
- Serve this with rice and a salad of sliced avocados tossed with a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt.