Creamed Chicken Over Puff Pastry
1 sheet(s)prepared frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 largechicken breast
·salt and pepper to taste
·paul prudhommes chicken magic seasoning to taste
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 cpowdered milk
1 1/2 cwater
1/2 to 1 cof your favorite veggies (red bell pepper, celery, green peas, etc., whatever you like or you could leave out the veggies altogether).
2 to 3 slicebacon, cooked crisp and crumbled for garnish
How to Make Creamed Chicken Over Puff Pastry
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized chunks. Heat small amount of oil in a skillet. Once oil is hot, add the chicken pieces, Paul Prudhommes seasoning and salt and pepper. Brown pieces on both sides and cook until done. Drain on paper towels to cool and set aside. (you can do this earlier in the day or the night before).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Cut puff pastry sheet in half across the width, then cut on the folds, making 6 squares. Place on the cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- While pastry is baking, melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour and cook stirring for about a minute to make a roux. Mix powdered milk with water, stirring until smooth and add to the roux and continue stirring over medium heat. Once mixed, add the chicken and the veggies of your choice and cook until thickened (I used 1/2 cup of frozen peas in mine). You may also add additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- When the puff pastry is done, open the square to make two halves and put on a plate. Spoon over creamed chicken and top with a second split square. Spoon over remaining creamed chicken and garnish with crumbled bacon. Serve hot.
- NOTE: If you're making this for two people, you can serve the remaining two squares of puff pastry with a little butter or you can use them to make a dessert. Either way, they're delicious!