Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken
Friends and family request this recipe and nearly everyone asks for the recipe. It smells so good while cooking!
NOTE: If you don't have time to wait for the sauce to thicken, try making it in a sauce pan.
4chicken breasts (boneless)
2 Tbspbutter (melted)
·pepper to taste
1 pkgitalian seasoning mix (dry, 1 packet)
1 cheavy cream
1 Tbspchicken bouillon granules
1 pkgcream cheese (8 ounces)
1/2 cchicken broth
1-2 clovegarlic (crushed)
How to Make Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken
- Brush chicken with 1 Tablespoon butter and place in crockpot. Sprinkle with dry Italian seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- About 45 minutes before done, remove chicken and reserve about 1/2 cup juices in the bottom before return chicken to crockpot.
- Brown the onion in remaining butter in a saucepan and then add the cream cheese, cream and chicken broth.Add crushed garlic and stir all ingredients until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes. (Alternatively, you can thicken sauce in the saucepan by adding 1 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and stir until thickened, then pour over chicken.)
- Remove chicken to platter and pour sauce on top. Serve by itself or over pasta.