Chicken (or not) w/ Broccoli and Ziti
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 large
- boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- garlic cloves , slivered
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 c
- broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 lb
- ziti, cooked
- 1/3 c
- half and half or milk
- 1/2 c
- fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 c
- pasta water as needed
How to Make Chicken (or not) w/ Broccoli and Ziti
- 1Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken with the garlic, salt, and pepper until lightly browned.
Add the broccoli flowerets. Toss with the chicken. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Add milk and ONLY 1/4 of the grated Parmesan cheese. Using high heat, quickly toss all ingredients until a nice milky sauce has formed (1-2 min.).
- 2Cook ziti according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
Toss the ziti with the butter. Add ziti to the chicken and broccoli and toss gently. Add the reserve pasta water as needed and toss again. Sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan cheese, and red flakes. Serve.
- 3NOTE: You can make this dish without the chicken, Just add a little of a vegetable stock when sautéing the garlic and broccoli.