1 1/2 lbchicken pieces, or boneless chicken.
·salt and pepper
·flour for dredging
1/4 colive oil
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 can(s)tomatoes, diced
1/2 cdry white wine
6 ozmushrooms, sliced and drained
1/2 cblack olives, sliced
How to Make Chicken Marengo
- Slice chicken lengthwise to make thinner chicken pieces. Pound thinner if needed.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides over medium-high heat.
- Remove from skillet and place pieces on paper towel lined dish to drain excess oil. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute until soft.
- Stir flour into pan drippings, add tomatoes and wine and stir briskly over medium-high heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Add mushrooms and black olives. Saute for 5 more mins.
- Place chicken pieces in serving dish & pour sauce over top.