Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese Sauce
You can fiddle with the recipe to suit your taste - I sometimes alter the amounts of broth or cheese for a different consistancy or flavor intensity. For kids, just leave off the green onions - all ages enjoy this! Easy to double or triple!
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- green onion, chopped (or chopped parsley, to taste)
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1Mix salt and pepper to taste with flour. Cut chicken breasts into serving size pieces; dip in beaten egg, then coat well with flour mixture.
- 2Brown chicken breasts in oil til golden and cooked through. It will just take a few minutes; don't overcook or it will become dry. Remove from pan.
- 3Pour chicken broth into pan; stir, scraping up chicken drippings. Meanwhile, heat cream cheese in microwave until very soft, 15 - 20 seconds. Add to chicken broth. Stir over medium heat until cream cheese dissolves into broth - don't worry if it does not become perfectly smooth, it will still taste good!
- 4Add chicken back to pan, turning over to coat all sides with sauce. Heat for a few additional minutes, until all is heated through.
- 5Remove chicken to serving platter or individual plates, top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped green onions (or parsley). Serve with pasta or rice to soak up the tasty sauce!