Cheddar Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
6boneless, skinless chicken breast
6 ozshredded cheddar cheese
1 mediumdiced onion
12 slicebacon, partially cooked (reserve 2 tbsp. drippings)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheddar Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- Pound out Chicken breast so it is about 1/4″ thick. Salt & pepper chicken to taste.
- Partially cook bacon in skillet over medium high heat until just cooked but not crispy. Set aside bacon. Reserve 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- Saute onions in pan drippings until tender.
- sprinkle cheddar cheese and sauteed onion on chicken.
- Roll chicken breast up in a way so as to hide the cheese and onions.
- Wrap partially cooked bacon around chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken on a rack and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.