Brussels sprouts with chicken and cavolo Nero
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·400 g brussels sprouts
·4 chicken breasts
·200 g bacon (gammon or sausages)
·1 can chickpeas
·15 cherry tomatoes
·6 leaves cavolo nero (halved)
·1/2 tsp chilli flakes
·1-2 tsp curry powder (mild)
·2 cloves garlic
·1 pinch salt
·1 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
How to Make Brussels sprouts with chicken and cavolo Nero
- Clean, wash and chop the cavolo Nero, clean, wash and half the really large Brussels sprouts.
- In a pan, bring water to boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Boil for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a deep frying pan/wok style on medium fire. Add the coconut oil along with the tiny chopped chicken and bacon/gammon/sausages. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients appart from the cavolo Nero leaves and the tomatoes, so, sprinkle some salt to taste, grind some pepper, the curry powder, chilli flakes, chopped garlic, chickpeas and cook for a further 3 min tossing occasionally.
- Add the shredded cavolo Nero leaves and the halved tomatoes and cook for 3-4 min giving it a little tossing every now and again. You can cook for slightly longer but I like my leaves crunchy.
- Remove from heat when ready and serve as soon as, so.... hot