Black Bean Chicken Chipolte Soup
1/2store bought rotisserie or self roasted chicken
3 can(s)black beans (15 oz cans)
2 can(s)corn ( must use canned corn for liquid)
1 can(s)chipolte in adobo sauce
1 largeonion diced
1-2 cfavorite shredded mexican cheese mix
1/4 cfresh chopped cilantro
1/2 csour cream
How to Make Black Bean Chicken Chipolte Soup
- shred meat from bone and skin of entire half of whole roasted chicken
- place olive oil in saute pan and saute onion until soft, add garlic and saute several more min.
- In crock pot put entire can of chipolte and adobo. Put in juice of two cans corn and rinse chipotles and remove all but one if you don't like very spicy. Add more to your liking. More chipoltes mean more heat. I serve the left over chipoltes on the table for folks who want more heat
- add the corn, unrinsed black beans, sauted onion/garlic and shredded chicken to crock pot. Stir and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- In side dishes have sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, to top soup to your liking.