Benihana Hibachi Chicken or Steak
- chicken breasts or sirloin steaks, but into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, divided
- 6 Tbsp
- soy sauce, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- black pepper
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 c
- mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large
- onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium
- zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tsp
- sesame seeds, divided
- 6 c
- bean sprouts
- mustard sauce, for serving (optional)
- ginger sauce, for serving (optional)
How to Make Benihana Hibachi Chicken or Steak
- 1Add 1 tbsp oil to a wok or large skillet over medium high. Add chicken or steak, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp butter and a dash of salt and pepper, and sauté for about 2 minutes, slide the meat to one side of the pan, pour lemon juice on it. Then add the mushrooms to the other side of the pan. Pour 1 tbsp of the soy sauce over the mushrooms, then add 1 tbsp butter and season with salt and pepper, and sauté mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, while chicken is cooking, add another tbsp oil to separate skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and zucchini with 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp butter and a dash of salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables as long as the chicken is cooking, stirring both skillets occasionally. Spoon the vegetables onto 4 individual serving plates.
- 3Once the chicken has cooked 6 to 8 minutes or is done (no pink remains), sprinkle 1 tsp sesame seeds over the chicken, then mix the chicken with the mushrooms. Spoon the chicken mixture onto individual serving plates, next to the sautéed vegetables.
- 4Add bean sprouts to the same skillet in which you cooked the vegetables, and cook bean sprouts over high heat. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp butter and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook the sprouts for only a minute or two, just until they have tenderized. Just before you serve the sprouts, sprinkle 2 tsp sesame seeds on them. Serve the sprouts next to the chicken and vegetables.
- 5Serve with mustard sauce and ginger sauce on the side, if you wish.