Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
This is in the oven since its been too cold to grill here. Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes till done then for the last 5 minutes baste with the glaze and marvel at your handy work!
I freeze my ginger nobs and grate the frozen ginger onto wax paper and that seems to help me from running out of ginger when I get the notion to add Asian Flair to a recipe.
4 lbchicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint or use drum sticks
1 tspkosher salt
1 capricot preserves (such as simply fruit)
1 clovegarlic, mashed
1 Tbspchopped fresh ginger
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 tspred pepper flakes or hot sauce to taste
2 Tbspfresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 tspbalsalmic vinegar
2 Tbspchopped fresh chives
·fresh lime wedge for garnish
How to Make Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
- Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin process until smooth. Add chives.
- Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn, and grill for another 5-6 minutes. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about 1 minute, and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute. Wings should register 170º F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges. Serves 4.
- Nutrition Information, Per Serving:
670 calories; 34 g fat; 10 g saturated fat; 42 g carbohydrate; 27 g sugars; 49 g protein
- Can be baked in the oven for 45 minutes at 350*F and the last 5 minutes of baking swap on the glaze!