Ross il-Forn (Baked Rice)
1 lbground pork
2onions, finely chopped
1 can(s)tomato paste, 6 ounces
1 can(s)chopped tomatoes in juice, 14 ounce
1/2 tspcurry powder
·salt and pepper
How to Make Ross il-Forn (Baked Rice)
- Saute onions in oil in a pan. Add the ground pork and continue cooking until the meat turns brown. Add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add The tomatoes. tomato paste, and water. Season with Salt and Pepper and curry powder.
- Mix well and let simmer at a low temperature for an hour.
- In the meantime, boil the rice. (don’t forget to add a pinch of salt to the water when boiling). Drain the rice from the water.
- Add the minced pork mixture to the rice and mix well. Pour in the eggs and mix well.
- Pour in the whole mixture into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven without stirring for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve your delicious dinner expect many compliments.