Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 lbground turkey
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cdiced white onion
8 ozsliced fresh cremini mushrooms
5 ozfresh spinach leaves, chopped
1 craw white rice
2 can(s)(10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cchicken broth
How to Make Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a deep 2 qt. casserole or baking dish with nonstick olive oil spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet and brown ground turkey until pink starts to disappear. Season with salt and pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Drain and place in prepared baking dish.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onions; sauce until just soft, Add mushrooms and sauce until juices start to evaporate. Add spinach and sauté and just wilted.
- Add veggie mix to meat and add raw rice. Stir in mushroom soup and grated cheddar; stir until well mixed.
- Add broth and stir. Cover with foil and bake 1 1/2 hours, or until rice is done.
- If desired, remove foil last 10 minutes and add more shredded cheese, baking until it is melted.