Weeknight Pot Roast and Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 21 oz
- can condensed french onion soup
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1/2 oz
- dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed and minced
- 2-1/2 - 3 lb
- boneless beef chuck-eye roast, trimmed and cut across grain in 1" slices
- 2 lb
- small or medium yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 c
- brown gravy mix
How to Make Weeknight Pot Roast and Potatoes
- 1Whisk soup, broth, tomato paste, and porcini together in pressure-cooker pot, then lay sliced meat over top. Place potatoes on top of meat. Lock pressure-cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. As soon as pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain high pressure.
- 2Remove pot from heat and allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure, then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- 3Transfer meat and potatoes to platter. Add the brown gravy mix to the pot of juices. Over medium-high heat, whisk together until mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for one minute. Serve gravy with meat and potatoes.