Taco Casserole (easy, cheap, and quick)
1 can(s)seasoned diced tomatoes
1 can(s)whole kernel corn drained and rinsed
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 can(s)tomatoe soup/tomatoe sauce
2 cgrated cheeder cheese
1/3 pkgtotilla chips (this is a good time to use up the not so fresh ones, bottom of the bag)
2 lbbrowned ground beef
1/2 conions chopped (optional )
1/3 cpeppers sweet or hot (optional)
How to Make Taco Casserole (easy, cheap, and quick)
- Brown your meat, and then add onions and peppers, taco seasoning, and required amount of water. Usually a cup per package of seasoning, and 1 package to a lb of beef.
- Let this simmer for about 10 mins to reduce and let the meat soak up flavor.
- Add your diced tomatoes, tomato soup/sauce, corn, and tortilla chips. Let this heat through.
- Dump into a sprayed oil casserole dish, and top with cheese. Bake for about 20 min. on 350, or until cheese is melted, and slightly browned.
- This can be served on top of fresh tortilla chips, with lettuce as a taco salad, or as is with maybe some chips on the side. Olives and sour creme really add to this dish as well. Mix up the toppings to make your own custom version of taco casserole. Enjoy!