Stracotto-Italian Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
2 Tbspolive oil
3-4 lbboneless bottom round roast
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 largeonion, chopped
2 mediumcarrots, chopped (no need to peel)
2 stalk(s)celery, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cdry red wine
1 can(s)(28-oz) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
How to Make Stracotto-Italian Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the roast and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour off fat in pressure cooker. Add remaining oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Saute about 2 minutes, stirring. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add tomatoes and their juices.
- Return meat to pan along with any juices that have collected. Lock lid in place. Bring to pressure over high heat.
- Adjust heat to maintain the pressure. Cook for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from heat and quick-release the pressure. Open lid. Place meat on platter and let rest 10 minutes.
- Skim any fat from the surface of the sauce. Slice meat and serve with sauce.