Steak with Beetroot Mash
This steak and beet mash recipe is partially inspired by a meal we ate at Indus (Tunisian Salad on a bed of Beetroot Mash). We’d never had beetroot mash before and it was incredible so we’ve not even been home a week yet and have already experimented to find the perfect healthy recipe for the blog.
Hope you like it.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspsesame seeds
1 clovegarlic, crushed
1 tspmixed herbs
150 mlunsweetened almond milk
How to Make Steak with Beetroot Mash
- Peel the beetroot and chop into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling water and leave for approx. 30 minutes (until the beetroot has softened).
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes and chop into small chunks, then place in a separate pan and boil until softened (approx. 20 minutes). Drain, then add the mixed herbs, oregano, garlic and almond milk. Mash until creamy then set aside until the beetroot is ready.
- In a frying pan add a few sprays of olive oil and fry the steaks on a high heat for 1 minute each side. Turn down to a medium heat, then continue frying the steaks for 3 minutes each side (this is for medium rare. If you like your steak cooked well done add an extra minute or just cook for 2 minutes for rare).
- Place the kale and sesame seeds in another frying pan and wilt until softened.
- When the beetroot is ready, drain, then add to the pan with the mashed potatoes and mash until creamy and fully combined.
- Plate up and serve.