Smoked Paprika & Ancho Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 box
- rawspicebar's peruvian spice rub
- 6 lb
- whole chicken
- 4 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c
- lime juice
- 5 pinch
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 3 tsp
How to Make Smoked Paprika & Ancho Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
- 1Combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt, garlic cloves, sugar and RawSpiceBar's Peruvian Spice Rub in a blender or mini food processer. Blend until smooth.
- 2Remove giblets from inside of chicken and pat outside dry with paper towels.
- 3Place in a bowl breast side up with legs facing toward you. Loosen skin from the flesh and spoon 2/3 of the marinade under the skin. Rub the rest over the top. 4. Place chicken in a bowl and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- 4Adjust oven to lower-middle position, preheat to 425 F. Line roasting pan with aluminum foil. Tie chicken legs together with kitchen string.
- 5Roast chicken for 20 minutes, until the skin is golden, and then turn the heat down to 375 F. Roast for about an hour, or until the deepest part of the breast is 140 F.
- 6Tent chicken with foil and let rest for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and carve chicken. Serve with RawSpiceBar's aji amarillo potatoes.