School House Salisbury Steak
It's so simple looking at it now, but back in the day - Sis and I thought it to be quite a triumph.
Posting this for my Sis as well as daughters and granddaughters who have requested it.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 pkg. (0.75 oz.) brown gravy mix, plus the required amount of water stated on the gravy packet.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can chopped mushrooms, (stems and pieces)
- noodles, rice or mashed potatoes, for serving
How to Make School House Salisbury Steak
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F; spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 2In mixing bowl, mix ground beef, bread or cracker crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and soup. Shape into 8 patties and fry or grill until patties are browned on both sides.
- 3While the beef patties are cooking in a bowl mix together the dry gravy mix, water, and sour cream. Mix to combine.
- 4Pour half the gravy mixture in prepared dish; lay in the browned meat patties followed by the other half of the gravy mix.
- 5Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable.