The flank steak is a beef steak cut from the abdominal muscles or butt of the cow. A relatively long and flat cut, flank steak is used in a variety of dishes including London broil and as an alternative to the traditional skirt steak in fajitas. It can be grilled, pan-fried, broiled, or braised for increased tenderness.
This steak is lean, boneless and flavorful.
Carve across the grain into thin slices after cooking
- beef flank steak
- salt and pepper( to taste)
How to Make RUL
- 1Trim meat from the skin.
Cut skin in rectangular pieces, about 7 x 12 inches
(You may sew smaller skins together to make big enough)
- 2Cut meat into strips and lay lengthwise on the skins
Season generously with salt, pepper, onions and ginger
- 3Fold skins over meat so edges meet and sew up sides and ends.
Wind tightly with cord.
- 4Before placing into salted boiling water, prick all over with a sharp fork
Prick frequently during first 15 minutes of boiling
- 5Boil slowly until tender, 2 or 3 hours
After removing from kettle, cool under a heavy weight.
Slice rather thin to serve