2 cswiss cheese, shredded
1 csauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
1 ccorned beef, lean, chopped
1/4 cthousand island dressing
2tomatoes, sliced (optional)
1green bell pepper, cut in rings
1/4 cpumpernickel bread crumbs
How to Make Reuben Casserole
- Put sauerkraut in buttered 1 1/2 casserole dish.
- Top with corned beef, broken into bits, then cheese.
- Combine mayonnaise and thousand island dressing (or substitute made with mayo, ketchup and relish to equal 3/4 cup) and spread over cheese.
- Top with tomatoes or green pepper.
- Melt butter in microwave and blend with bread crumbs, spread over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- to make pumpernickel bread crumbs place 4 slices of pumpernickel bread in food prosser and pulse until crumbly.