Open Face Hamburger Steak Sandwich
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great weeknight meal! I really liked the Worcestershire and A1 sauce in the burger... added great flavor. This looks pretty fancy when plated, so no one needs to know how super simple it was to make! The Test Kitchen
2 1/4 lblean beef (hamburger meat)
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 TbspA1 sauce
1 can(s)beef consomme, 10.5 oz
1/2 cdiced onion
1/2onion cut into thin rings
1 can(s)beef gravy (14.5 oz), reserve one tablespoon
8 sliceSara Lee classic french bread
3 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 Tbspself rising flour
1 smallcan diced mushrooms
How to Make Open Face Hamburger Steak Sandwich
- In a large bowl add the beef, A1 sauce, worcestershire, the reserved beef gravy, diced onion, salt and pepper.
- Using hands knead meat until combined.
- Make meat into five patties.
- In a lightly sprayed skillet cook patties 15 minutes per side or until your desired doneness!
- In a smaller skillet add a teaspoon of oil and saute onion rings until lightly brown, drain on paper towel.
- Once patties are done remove from skillet and add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, let get hot then add the flour. Scrape bottom of skillet to get meat drippings.
- When flour is brown add the consomme and beef gravy, stir to mix.
- Add the mushrooms, put patties back in skillet. Use a spoon and coat meat with the gravy and mushrooms.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toast the french bread. Add two slices of bread per plate. Put meat on top of bread, spoon gravy and mushrooms on top. Garnish with onion rings.