New England Pot Roast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cchopped garlic
1/4 cvegetable oil
3 lbboneless beef shoulder roast
1 call-purpose flour
1 cburgandy wine
6 cbeef broth
2 cdiced carrots
2 cdiced onion
2 ccelery, cut in large chunks
2 Tbspchopped fresh thyme
How to Make New England Pot Roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Saute garlic in vegetable oil in a braising pan, then brown the meat. After meat is browned, remove from pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan, then stir in flour and continue cooking until flour is lightly browned.
- Stir in burgandy wine and beef broth.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, and fresh thyme.
- Place meat back in pan. Cover and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat is tender.