Modified Mom's Meatloaf
My kids don't like onion pieces, so I usually make one with onion powder for them. I have to use best judgement on how much to use. Generally if I can smell onion, I know I have enough.
Always a family favorite.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
1 pkgsaltine crackers
1 pkgbrown sugar
How to Make Modified Mom's Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chop onion into small pieces.
**can use about 1 Tbsp. onion powder if kids don't like onions**
Pour milk into measuring cup, let sit.
Crush 1 sleeve saltines, add slowly to milk, mixing as you add, until a pasty but still wet consistency.
- Place ground beef in large mixing bowl. Add the onions.
Add the milk/saltine mixture.
Add 1 egg. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the mixture.
- Place meatloaf mixture into loaf pan, shape into loaf shape. May need 2 loaf pans, do not overfill loaf pan or will not bake well.
- Combine about 1 cup ketchup with brown sugar to make a tangy/sweet taste and not runny. Adjust ingredients to your taste preference. Cover meatloaf with this mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for appriximately 45 minutes to an hour. Let cool slightly, remove from pan to serving dish. Slice into pieces to desired size.