Mini Pot Roast Shepherd's Pie Tarts
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We are always wondering what to do with extra pot roast and this a perfect use for it. Serve these the next day and everyone will gobble them up. They are really tasty and so cute! The Test Kitchen
19 - inch Pillsbury pie crust (roll out kind)
3/4 cof juice from pot roast or 1 cup of gravy if you made that from your roast drippings
1/4 cwater and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch (you may not need to thicken the base of your sauce with gravy. you just don't want it to be juicy because it will make the crust soggy)
3/4 croast, shredded or cut small
3/4 ccarrots and onions, cut small (I used the leftovers that I cooked with the roast)
3/4 cfrozen peas (I used fresh may peas that I had frozen but store bought will be fine)
1/2 tspdried marjoram
1/2 tspdried sage
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 cmashed potatoes
5 Tbspspring onions (the green parts only)
How to Make Mini Pot Roast Shepherd's Pie Tarts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 regular sized muffin cups with baking spray. Rub with a paper towel to remove access.
- Smooth pie crust out and cut into 12 4-inch circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter. I used a glass jar. You need them to be larger than the muffin cups because the crust will shrink some in the oven.
- Gently poke crust a few times with a fork. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, heat gravy over medium heat.
Thicken with cornstarch and water, if necessary. Add butter. This lends a nice glistening finish to the sauce.
- Stir roast, vegetables, and herbs in and heat through until peas are cooked. Season to taste.
- Partially heat the leftover potatoes in the microwave. You just want to soften them and give them a head start. Then they will heat the rest of the way in the oven.
- Divide mixture between the 12 muffin cups. Top with mashed potatoes and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Then turn the oven to broil for a couple of minutes to brown the peaks of the potatoes. Watch carefully as they will burn quickly. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.