So when I developed this recipe I named it Michigan nacho's after the dish that inspired me to make it.
The dish was served pizza style and was so good, I just couldn't live with out it, So I turned it into a cassarole,using all the ingredients I knew for sure, some I had to guess at,the end result was just what I was looking for, when I take my first bite I am back home in michigan in that busy resturant having one of my most favorite dinners Michigan Nacho's is a family favorite and gets requested very often.
1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 mediumbag of tortelli chips
2chopped green onion white and green
1 mediumgreen bell pepper,diced
1 1/2- 2 cshredded mozzerilla cheese
How to Make Michigan Nacho
- Preheat oven to 400.
brown ground beef add onion 1/2 way thru browning
- drain your beef if needed. return to heat
- add taco seasoning mix,and follow the directions on the package. If you like you can blend your own spices to make your taco seasoning, this helps control salt,and the heat of your seasoning. If you make your own spice blend add them now with a 1/2 cup water,continue to cook on a high simmer. Cook until all liquid is gone.
- remove from heat and set a side
- in a large cassarole dish line the bottom with your nacho chips.
- spread your beef mixture evenly on top of the chips.
- spread your diced tomato,green onion and green peper on top of the beef.
- You got it spread the cheese out on top of the vegatables
- place in preheated oven for 15 to 20 mins or until cheese is melted and browning lightly on the tips and around the edges,so that it looks like cheese on a pizzia.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole