Meaty or Vegetarian Foil Packets
Catherine Thompson Floyd
How fun is this dinner! They're easy to throw together and so yummy. We loved the creaminess the creamed soup adds to the meal. All the fresh veggies add so much flavor. Everything cooks perfectly together in the foil packet. Getting your packet perfect can be tricky, but there really is no wrong way to do it. Do what works easiest for you. It's an easy weeknight meal to throw in the oven, but would be great on the grill for cookouts and camping. Just cut up the meat and veggies and everyone can make their own personalized packets. Your whole crew is going to love these!
- meat to include: ground beef patty, ground turkey patty, or veggie patty, frozen. Chicken breast, pork chop or small steak, thawed
- 1 slice
- 1 small
- potato, sliced thin
- green pepper slices
- ear of corn
- plum tomato, sliced thick
- dollops of cream sour, such as mushroom or celery
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Meaty or Vegetarian Foil Packets
- 1Oven set at 350 degrees.
- 8Another seasoning can be used such as no salt, parsley, etc. Can be cooked on the grill or on hot coals, turning while cooking to prevent burning. Low-fat soups can be used. Try something different by using half cream of mushroom or celery and half nacho cheese soup with the beef, turkey or veggie patty.