- 1&1/2-2 lb
- lean ground beef (hamburger)
- about 6 large
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup (i use low salt variety from campbells)
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough milk to cover casserole in dish
How to Make Hamburger Casserole
- 1Brown the ground beef until no pink remains; drain the fat.
- 2Add the 2 cans of soup and the seasonings and heat through.
- 3Peel and slice the potatoes-slice thin.
- 4Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place a layer of sliced potatoes on the bottom then cover that layer with some of the beef mixture. Repeat and end with a layer of potatoes.
- 5Pour milk over the casserole until just covered.
- 6Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes (or until top is nicely browned, the sides are bubbly, and you can't see a lot of milk on the sides).