Grilled Garlic Stuffed Steaks
- boneless beef steaks, cut 2 inches thick (approx. 1 pound each)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 c
- garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make Grilled Garlic Stuffed Steaks
- 1In small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onions. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, but not browned. Add garlic. Continue cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile with sharp knife, cut a pocket in side of each beef steak. Start 1/2 inch from one long side of steak and cut horizontally through center of steak to within 1/2 inch of each side. Spread half of garlic mixture inside each steak pocket. Secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- 3Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 22 to 24 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness; turn occasionally. Remove wooden toothpicks. Carve steaks crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.