Fiery Beef Satay Skewers
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- green onions, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 c
- country dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp
- bottled minced or fresh crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- ground red pepper
How to Make Fiery Beef Satay Skewers
- 1In large shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients; whisk until blended. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinade in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 2Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread an equal amount of beef and green onion pieces onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers. Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- 3Grill, uncovered, 10 - 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with reserve 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
To broil, place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 14 - 16 minutes, basting frequently with reserved 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally.