Corned Beef and Rice
This is an easy 30 minute meal to feed a family. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 1 can(s)
- corned beef
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onions
- 1 clove
- 2 medium
- 1 medium
- potato cut in 1/4-1/2" cubes
- 4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
How to Make Corned Beef and Rice
- 1Cook desired amount of rice in a rice cooker or saucepan.
For 4 svngs I use 2 cups rice and 4 cups water. Bring water to a rapid boil. Add rice and stir. Bring back to a boil. Cover with a tight lid and turn heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking time. Turn out into a serving bowl and fluff the grains.
- 2Slice the onion thinly. Mince the garlic or use a microplane. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Remove the corned beef from the can and slice it into 4 pieces.
- 3Heat a medium saucepan over medium high, add oil. Add onions and stir cooking for 3-4 minutes. (A little browning is not a bad thing) Add garlic and tomato and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- 4Add Corned beef, potatoe, salt and pepper and stir around to mix, cooking another 2-3 minutes.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Cover and turn heat down to medium, cooking for 20 minutes.
Uncover and test for seasoning.
Serve over white rice.