Chipotle Shredded Beef Tacos
Now this really isn't a quick throw together meal, but most of the cooking time is hands off...but it's worth the effort.
- boneless beef shoulder roast (2-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- (14 to 14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 oz.) chipotle salsa
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
- flour tortillas, warmed
How to Make Chipotle Shredded Beef Tacos
- 1Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef pot roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Add broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- 3Remove pot roast; cool slightly. Skim fat; reserve cooking liquid. Shred pot roast with 2 forks.
- 4Combine beef and salsa in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, adding cooking liquid as needed to keep beef moist. Add cilantro. Serve with tortillas.