Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a twist on ordinary meatloaf! The blending of sweet and spicy in this recipe may not be everyone's cup of tea, but my family and I really liked it. (Especially when served with salty mashed potatoes and green beans... yum!) Very unusual, but in a tasty way.
TIP: I inverted the cooked meatloaf onto a platter before cutting, and it served easily. The Test Kitchen
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 smallonion, chopped (can use dry minced)
1/4 tspground ginger (i use a little more)
3/4 cfinely crushed cracker crumbs (i use club)
How to Make Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 5 x 9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place the loaf on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until the juices are clear.
- **This recipe is even more delicious the next day!