Beef Tips in Gravy
- 4 lb
- beef cubes/ stew meat
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- lawry's seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 3 large
- sweet onions, sliced
- kitchen bouquet
- family size cans of campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- orrington farms beef base (from kroger)
How to Make Beef Tips in Gravy
- 1In 8qt. stock pot or heavy pot, heat the oil. Add beef cubes and saute with onions until all cubes are browning. Cubes will make their own broth.
- 2Season with Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cover and lower heat to simmer. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking and to insure that meat cooks evenly. Keep temp. low so the broth won't cook dry. Just in case there is not enough broth to cook meat in, add some beef stock or broth to pot. Allow to simmer about 1 hr. or until meat is very tender.
- 3Add the soup to the meat/broth in pot and gently stir. Simmer until smooth. Add beef base one teaspoon at a time until you have a beefy tasting gravy. Add Kitchen Bouquet to turn gravy a rich brown color.
- 4Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.