2 Tbspvegetable oil
1clove garlic, minced
1onion, thinly sliced
2green or red peppers, sliced
1 lbsirloin steak, thinly sliced
1 Tbspchili powder
1/2 Tbspground oregano
1 Tbsplime juice
1 Tbspjalapeno pepper, pickled and minced
1 pkg4 cheese shredded cheese or cotija cheese if you can get it
1 pkgcherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 pkgsour cream
How to Make Beef Fajitas
- Toppings for fajitas are a personal choice.
- Suggestions: Salsa, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce.
- Variations: for chicken fajitas, omit beef and use 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Directions: Wrap stacked tortillas in foil.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until warm.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir garlic, onion and sweet pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Brown beef, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder,cumin,salt,paprika and oregano, lime juice, jalapeno peppers and cumin.
- Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
- Spoon meat mixture onto center of each tortilla, top with desired toppings.
- Fold up bottom edge, then roll up.