★★★★★ 1 vote5
600 gsquid, cleaned, sliced,scored
2 Tbspvegetable or peanut oil
4 clovegarlic,finely sliced
2 largehot red chillies,finely sliced on the diagonal.
2 Tbspshao hsing wine or dry sherry
2 tspwhite sugar
2 tspsea salt
1 cfinely sliced spring onions ie scallions
2 tsplime juice
How to Make Stir Fried Squid with Garlic and Chilli
- Clean Squids and remove Skin.Then with a sharp knife open out tubes.Using a sharp knife score shallow,diagonal cuts on the inside of each squid in a criss cross pattern.
Cut the scored Squid in half,then into 2 inch strips
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the Oil in a Hot Wok until surface appears to shimmer slightly.
Add Half the Squid and stir Fry for about 30 Seconds.
Remove from Wok with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining Tablespoon of the oil to the hot wok and toss in remaining Squid and stir fry for 30 seconds as before.Do not remove from wok.
- Return reserved cooked squid to the wok together with the ginger, garlic and chilli and stir fry for 30 seconds stirring constantly to ensure garlic does not burn.
- Add the wine or sherry,water,sugar and salt and stir fry for 20 seconds.
- Toss in Spring Onions and stir fry for a further minute or until squid is just cooked through.
- Finally ..add a little Lime Juice and remove from heat.
- Arrange the Squid on a platter in a pile,garnish with some thinly sliced shards of fresh Red Chilli and serve with Lime Halves